Patients with chronic conditions such as congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, asthma, hypertension and some other health conditions can benefit from an HHM program leveraging remote patient monitoring technology that typically last from 3 to 6 months.
Once the patient is referred to the program by a healthcare professional in the hospital or at a primary care facility, they are introduced to a clinical care team that will track and adjust the execution of the care plan as well as provide support and guidance for the patient.
The HHM solution offers patients:
- Access to an application on a mobile tablet or a personal computer that can be used from their home.
- Use of an intuitive, step-by-step application based on pre-scheduled questions that they need to answer. In some cases, this can be several times a day.
- Seamless integration with electronic medical devices (blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that can capture health data that is shared with the healthcare provider.
The HHM solution offers to healthcare professionals:
- Access to a centralized view of all patients on the HHM program, allowing clinicians to tailor workflows, protocols and interventions, creating customized care plans according to a patient’s condition and status.
- Easy analysis of results, empowering them to adjust treatment based on best-practice guidelines and protocols.
- Alerts and reminders that trigger patient alerts which can be generated by forms created by the clinician or from data obtained from the patient (i.e. high blood pressure alert).
- Sophisticated care coordination through better organization of multidisciplinary teams, assignment of interventions and tasks, and the ability to view past, present and future interventions.
- Asset management, making it easy to manage devices – including location and to whom they are assigned.